Breast CT Scan
A mammogram or annual breast screening procedure may be painful for many women. At the Women’s Medical Center at Brookwood, we offer Breast CT, an innovative technology that does not involve breast compression. This technology can deliver 3D images of breast tissue within 10 seconds per breast.
If a previous mammogram report or clinical breast exam suggests any of the following, you may be referred for a low-dose Breast CT:
- Indeterminate mammograms due to breast density
- Abnormal findings such as scars or asymmetries from previous exams
- Patient has been called back for a follow-up breast imaging exam
- History of breast cancer
- Family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Biopsy showing benign mass or fibroadenoma
- Previous imaging showing micro or pleomorphic calcifications
- Implant removal or planning
Experienced any of these signs or symptoms:
- Implant rupture or risk of rupture
- Nipple changes
- Nipple discharge
- Claustrophobia from MRI imaging
- Compromised renal function
- Has a metal implant
- Concerns about gadolinium retention in the brain
- Indeterminate MRI results due to background parenchymal enhancement (BPE)
Interested in finding out if the Breast CT is right for you? Complete the form below or call one of our Specialists at 205-877-2254.
For More Information
By submitting this form you agree to receive periodic health related information and updates. We welcome your comments, questions and suggestions. We cannot give you medical advice via e-mail. To discuss any medical symptoms or conditions contact your physician or other healthcare professional. In the case of a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.